Our responsibility is to give EACH and EVERY student the very best! We are dedicated to doing just that. We are empowering our students to become FEROCIOUS scholars!
Our PAWS Expectations
Meal Deliveries for MHPSA Students and Families
COVID-19 Update: Schools will be closed until Sunday, April 5.
Please open the link Tiger Family Letter for updates!
Student Meal Distribution
As a reminder, we will be be delivering meals at our bus stops starting at 11:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays each week. Our meal plan can be found on our website at https://www.mhtigers.org/
Supplemental Learning Opportunities
Your child can access Math assignments and work with live tutors by going to our Imagine Learning online system. The Imagine Learning link is: Imagine Math
Supporting Students’ Emotional Wellbeing
As more information is shared about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), you may notice your child experiencing a wider range of emotions such as worry and fear. In addition, with the closure of schools and not being able to interact with friends, school staff, and other caring adults on a regular basis, some children might also experience sadness and frustration. There are many steps you can take to support your child during these uncertain times.
Here are some ideas for families:
- Reassure your child that all feelings are normal
- Make time to talk with your child about their feelings and questions
- Limit screen time and access to social media
- Pay attention to what your child is watching and reading and for how long
- Model positive self-care strategies, your child is learning how to manage their emotions from the caring adults in their life
- Provide honest information that is age appropriate and avoid sharing assumptions about who is sick with COVID-19
- Work with your child to develop a consistent “new” daily routine, samples will be provided later this week.
A few helpful resources:
Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and TeachersDuring Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
|‹ April 2020 ›|